10th AILCD International Student Design Competition
Contents of the competition
The Asian Institute of Low Carbon Design (AILCD) is pleased to invite students from all over the world to take part in the 10th AILCD International Student Design Competition.
The theme of this year is “Designing Post-Pandemic University Campus”.
The competition addresses the problem of post-pandemic university campus for the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park and surrounding area in Kitakyushu, Japan. The competition asks the students to re-design the university campus and make a proposal for a post-pandemic campus project within this area. Post-pandemic campus design should be considered as a real problem for the targeted area.
Asian Institute of Low Carbon Design, The University of Kitakyushu (Japan)
Designing Post-Pandemic University Campus
Multidisciplinary teams of Graduate (Master and PhD students) and Undergraduate students from Architecture, Landscape, Civil Engineering and related disciplines are accepted. Team and individual entries are accepted. Only one project may be submitted per person or per team.
All proposals should contain one or more of below features:
• post-pandemic campus
• low carbon city concept
• overall sustainable concept
• green space design
• usage of renewable energy systems
• sustainable transport systems
• connection to the surrounding area
26 February 2022 Competition announcement, registration starting date
28 March 2022 Registration deadline
31 March 2022 Closing date for proposal submissions
15 April 2022 Announcement winning proposals
First Prize 50,000 Yen and a certificate
Second Prize 30,000 Yen and a certificate
Third Prize 10,000 Yen and a certificate
7 Honorable Mentions Certificate
For registration, send an e-mail to email@example.com, containing;
• names of all participants of your team, individual entries are accepted as well
• name of university including name of faculty and/or department
• e-mail address of the team’s head student
After your registration is completed, you will receive a registration number which must be integrated in all boards of your final submission.
No registration fees are required for the competition.
The official language of the competition is English.
• Digital form: 4 (four) A2 panels (JPEG files)
• Panel size: A2 (594mm x 420mm) (landscape format = horizontal orientation)
• The boards should contain project concept, diagrams, plans, sections, perspectives, and photographs, all in English.
• Entries must contain the registration digit in the lower right corner on all boards (18pt).
• No names of participants or affiliations are allowed on the boards , neither on the project statement.
• Proposals shall be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one e-mail should not exceed 10MB. If the size of the e-mail exceeds 10MB send the files by separated e-mails.
• Proposals are not accepted after closing date for proposal submissions.
• File name: the registration number followed by page number 01, 02, 03 and 04, and 05 for the project statement, ex. PPUC22001-01, PPUC22001-02, etc.
Kitakyushu Science and Research Park and surrounding area in Kitakyushu, Japan
Note: CAD and GIS files will be sent after registration of the competition.